Compact and power-saving pulse oximetry module
An important vital parameter in common monitoring applications: the oxygen saturation in the arterial blood. If not enough oxygen is supplied to the blood, this can quickly become dangerous for patients. ChipOx measures SpO2 and pulse rate continuously and reliably. Whether it be finger clip or soft tip: the miniaturized module weighs only 1.9 g, meaning it can be easily integrated into many sensor variants.
Continuous and accurate SpO2– and pulse rate measurement
- Output of filtered and real-time raw plethysmogram
- Various measuring modes for adaptation to ambient conditions
- Warning output in case of poor signal quality and reliability
- Flexible and easy combination with a wide range of sensor types
- Safe, convenient patient monitoring
- Low energy and space requirements
Non-invasive pulse oximetry
The SpO2 measurement is based on the difference in the spectral characteristics of oxygenated and deoxygenated hemoglobin. In this regard, two different wavelengths in the range of 660 nm and 905 nm are measured using transmission sensors.
Use of a wide range of measurement parameters
- Recording of SpO2 values between 45 and 100%.
- Recording the pulse rate from 20 to 300 bpm
- Status bits, quality parameters and pulsation strength provide feedback on the reliability and quality of the measured values at any time.
Areas of use
Status bits, quality parameters and pulsation strength provide feedback on the reliability and quality of the measured values at any time.
Typical fields of application are:
- in anesthesia
- in intensive care
- in sleep diagnostics
- in emergency services
The most important technical data of the ChipOx
• Miniature size: 31 x 14 x 5 mm
• Lightweight: 1.9 g
• Input voltage: 3.3 V (± 0.1 V)
• Power consumption: 12 to 28 mA
Test the integration for yourself
With the ChipOx Development Kit
Do you want to find out how well the ChipOx fits into your system? Would you like to integrate the module on a trial basis? Would you like to check the interface connection? Then our Development Kit is the right choice for you. The following are included:
- One ChipOx module
- One ChipOx development board
- One Fingerclip sensor
- One USB stick with integration instructions and test tool
- One plug-in power supply unit
- One CHIPI-X10 cable (USB – RS232)
- One interface cable, serial RS232