Electronic heart for high-performance defibrillators
Defibrillators can save lives. Whether you’re up against life-threatening arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, or conduction disorders – with the right current pulses, it’s possible to bring the heart back into the right rhythm. In this regard, the task of modern defibrillation technology is to cause as little tissue damage as possible through the targeted use of energy.
Shock 360 (fka: BDM85) is a high-tech module that can be integrated into defibrillators for emergency operations and the clinical environment. Short charging times and a shock energy of up to 360 joules increase the probability of treatment.
- Multiple ECG analysis functions
- Biphasic defibrillation pulses with up to 360 joules
- Synchronized delivery of cardioversion shocks
- Quickly ready for use – charges in under 5 seconds
- Compact and light-weight – also suitable for portable defibrillators
- Easy integration – all central components and functions on one board
Integrated ECG analysis
Shock offers efficient algorithms for ECG analysis. For delivering defibrillation shocks, the ECG signal is checked for the presence of ventricular fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia. In this way, the analysis algorithm achieves a sensitivity of 96% and a specificity of 100%. On top of QRS detection for delivering cardioversion shocks, the module detects asystole, calculates the heart rate and measures patient impedance.
Biphasic defibrillation pulse
In a biphasic pulse, a second, smaller pulse with reversed current direction is emitted after the first pulse.
- High probability of treatment
- Low risk of defibrillation
- High energy efficiency
- Minimized risk of myocardial damage
Areas of use
Reliable defibrillation for emergency services
- Lightweight: Thanks to its small size of 170 x 170 x 40 mm and its low weight of less than 500 g, Shock 360 is particularly suitable for integration in portable defibrillators.
- Suitable for use in adverse conditions: The module is designed to be used in temperatures from -20 to +70° C and an air pressure range between 540 and 1100 hPa.
- Durability: The lifetime is 10 years or a minimum of 10,000 shocks in order to take into account the high stress on professional defibrillators in emergency services and clinics.
High-end range of functions for use in clinics
Shock 360 combines the central components ECG recording and analysis as well as generating and delivering current pulses for defibrillation, cardioversion and cardiac muscle stimulation. This results in numerous treatment options: They range from the treatment of life-threatening arrhythmias in patients requiring resuscitation by means of intracorporeal or transthoracic defibrillation to the synchronized delivery of cardioversion shocks for treating atrial fibrillation.
The most important technical data of Shock 360
- Size and weight: 170 x 170 x 40 mm,
- Shock energy: 0.5 to 360 J (maximum energy depending on HV capacitor)
- Supply voltage: 9 to 21 V
- Communication interface: UART
Shock 360 development kit
The development of our latest defibrillation module is nearing completion. A development kit for your integration tests will be available soon. Are you interested in the improved technology? We will keep you up to date.